For over 25 years the fountains of fire have continued with tremendous intensity and today Mt. Kilauea is the volcano with the longest-lived rift activity in know Hawaiian volcano history. Its ever present and relentless march to the sea has proven unstoppable, and continues to add real estate to the Big Island. Often times you can get within feet of the slowly moving molten lava, but one should only go to these areas with guides who are aware of the safety hazards and limitations of the hikes.
Epic Island Adventure
Private lava tubes, tropical rainforests, black sand beaches with basking sea turtles, scenic valleys, waterfalls, historic landmarks, and more! This circle island explorations reaches the island’s most exclusive sites and must-see experiences, weaving them into the fascinating story of Kamehameha the Great. Highlights inlclude:
· 4 different National Park sites, including Puuhonua o Honaunau, Hawaii Volcanoes & Puukohola Heiau.
· Explore an exclusive tropical fruit farm and sample seasonal favorites with a private view of Rainbow Falls
· Farm to fork dining experiences featuring island-inspired favorites.
11 to 12 hours roundtrip from Hawaii Forest & Trail Headquarters and Waikoloa Resorts. Breakfast & Lunch served. Easy. Ages 8+
Adult: $225 + tax Child: $200 + tax (8-12 years)
Twilight Volcano Adventure
On our Twilight Volcano Adventure, we’ll journey through Hawaii Island’s incredible range of ecosystems and climate zones before experiencing first-hand the phenomena that makes it all possible – an erupting volcano. Highlights include:
· Must-see spots within Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
· Venture down Chain of Craters Road through rainforests, lava flows, and cinder fields.
· Get up close and persoanl with volcanic formations like lava tubes, steam vents & craters.
· Experience twilight in the park with views of the red glow.
11 to 12 hours roundtrip from Hawaii Forest & Trail Headquarters and Waikoloa Resorts. Lunch & Dinner served. Easy to Moderate. Ages 8+.
Adult: $225 + tax Child: $200 + tax (8-12 yrs)
Discover Volcano Country- Leaves from Hilo
Travel through the remote and rugged landscape of Kau-home to Hawaii’ Volcanoes National Park, historic farming plantations and the famous Punaluu black sand beach. Discover how the powerful forces of nature shaped the prople and landscape of Hawaii’s largest district. Highlights include:
· Visit must-see sites inside the park including Thurston Lava Tube, Hawaii Volcano Observatory & Halemaumau Crater.
· Sample award-winning coffee & other island treats on a private coffee estate tour.
· Stroll a crystal fine black sand beach in search of sea turtles.
7 hours roundtrip from Hawaii Forest & Trail HILO Headquarters. Lunch Served. Easy. All Ages
Adult: $180 + tax Child: $155 +tax (12 and under)