Mauna Kea Summit & Stars Adventure
“Top 10 Unforgettable Experiences”, Fodors 2006
Join us for a provocative journey through space and time. From sea level to the high alpine witness the dramatic diversity of our island's landscape. After a hot, picnic-style dinner we make our way to the summit of Hawaii’s most sacred mountain for a sensational sunset amidst the largest collection of telescopes on earth. As daylight fades we descend to a lower elevation where your Interpretive Guide will reveal the wonders of our Hawaiian night skies.
Because of high altitude this tour is not advised for those with respiratory, circulatory, or heart conditions, pregnancy or poor health, or children under 16. Scuba divers should be aware of altitude dangers.
WHAT TO BRING & WEAR: Closed toe shoes, long pants and a sweatshirt or sweater.
AGES: Easy to Moderate. Ages 16 and UP.
RATE: $235.00 +tax and fees
- Enjoy a private picnic dinner at Historic Humuula Sheep Station, located at 7,000 feet elevation
- Your guide will share historic accounts of early travelers through the mountainlands
- Delight in the awe-inspiring sunset at the top of Maunakea, the highest point in the Pacific
- Stand amidst the world’s largest collection of research telescopes
- Sip hot chocolate during your private starshow at 9,000 feet elevation with an 11” Celestron telescope